Things To Do In New Rochelle, NY
• Five Islands Park
• Neptune Park
• Lincoln Park
• New Rochelle Public Library
• Huguenot Children’s Library
• Museum of Arts and Culture
• Castle Gallery
4. Performing arts
• Radisson Hotel, New Rochelle
• Hotel Newton
• Shelburne Hotels and Suites by Affinia
6. Beaches and lakes
• Glen Island Park
• Croton Point Park Beach
• Harbor Island Park Beach
7. Shopping malls
10. Food courts and restaurants
Other things to do in New Rochelle, NY
• Butterfly Garden
• Jungle World
• Aquatic Bird House and Sea Bird Aviary
• The New York Botanical Garden
Things To Do In New Rochelle, NY
There are a lot of things to do in New Rochelle, NY because of its versatility and the family-friendly attractions.
1. ParklandsThe city of New Rochelle has more than 270 acres of area that is dedicated to parklands. Some of the parks have watersides. These parks offer a lot of activities to do for families and pedestrians. Long side walkways to fishing, everything is good here. Barbecue sites and outdoor arenas allowed the visitors to enjoy their trips. So if you are looking for the things to do in New Rochelle, NY then one of the best options is to visit below mentioned parklands:
• Five Islands ParkOne of the best things to do in New Rochelle, NY is to visit the Five Islands Park. This park is a chain of small islands connected by pathways and bridges making it different from the rest of the spots in New Rochelle. The park offers entertainment for the whole family. The early morning fishing and grilling is among the best things to do in New Rochelle, NY. You need to fully equip yourself before going there in order to enjoy the rides of amusement park. Sneakers, extra dry clothes, trampoline socks and skating shoes, these are few of things that are required to be fully equipped to participate. These things are also available at the park.
• Neptune ParkCool off the summer at one of the greatest park pools in New York, the Neptune Park. The park offers different activities for the people of each age group. Pools and water gyms are available both for kids and families. Not only this, but there are a lot of areas that serve the fresh food. The area is constantly monitored by the lifeguards. All these amenities make the place one of the greatest things to do in New Rochelle, NY.
• Lincoln ParkA park with a unique history is located in New York. For the people who love the history, there is a lot to discover. The park has swimming pools, tennis courts, basketball ground and footballs stadium. Many parties and concerts are organized here throughout the year.
2. LibrariesThere are many things to do in New Rochelle, NY especially if you are a student or love to read. The city also attracts many tourists and students to explore the libraries of the city. There are a lot of libraries where workshops, computer classes, lectures and discussions are arranged. The visitors are welcomed here for educational sessions, conferences and summer reading programs. Students, tourists, teachers and residents find these libraries among the finest things to do in New Rochelle, NY.
• New Rochelle Public LibraryThis public library is considered best for its educational activities. The summer reading sessions, discussions, concerts, film screening and a lot of activities are the part of this precious library. The library is always open for the students and the tourists. Open discussions and the computer training programs are also organized here.
• Huguenot Children’s LibraryThe best thing about the New Rochelle Library is a branch that is especially dedicated to the children. The Huguenot Children’s Library, is a special part of NRPL that is always open to the children. The young readers are welcomed here with story sessions and workshops. A lot of other programs like music platforms and heritage workshops are also organized by the library for the children.
3. MuseumsIf you love museums and looking for the things to do in New Rochelle, NY then this city is a heaven on earth for you. A city with a thousand years old history and with the reflection of modernization is located on the seashore. The city with a wealthy history has many historical monuments. These monuments are the real treasure of the city and attract the tourists.
• Museum of Arts and CultureThe Museum of Arts and Culture is mainly located on the campus of New Rochelle High school. The museum organizes dance and theater performances. The main purpose of the museum is to mainly focus on the arts, science and history. Norman Rockwell and the Civil Rights Movement are the main topics of the history exhibits here.
• Castle GalleryThe students of arts and history will find the Castle Gallery among the greatest things to do in New Rochelle, NY. This gallery is the part of New Rochelle College and it is mainly dedicated for the sculptures and crafts. The gallery also arranges the lectures on crafts, arts and discussions on the modern crafts work. Free guided tours are also arranged by the gallery for the local students and for the tourists.
4. Performing artsTalking more about the things to do in New Rochelle, NY, it will be good to tell about the entertainment complex of the New Rochelle. There are many options that can be considered in order to enjoy the performing arts of the city. The city downtown has Rock City that offers refreshment options along with the entertainment activities. From movie theaters to the billiards rooms, you will get a lot of entertainment here. The city also has a hotel and a gym. Concerts, classical performances and workshops for the new musicians are also organized here.
5. HotelsLooking for things to do in New Rochelle, NY? Whether you are a tourist or a local, there are many exciting opportunities for you in New Rochelle. During your stay at New Rochelle, you can explore the world’s most beautiful and unique places. From central park to midtown Manhattan and from Fifth Avenue to Yankees play you will find a lot of things to do in New Rochelle, NY.
New Rochelle will offer you the most remarkable and the luxurious hotels during your trip. If you really want to really enjoy your trip, then it is better to find a hotel before coming here. Book your hotel online according to your budget and needs and have a phenomenal trip here.
If you want to travel for recreational purposes or planning a business tour you will find a lot of hotels in New Rochelle. The city accommodates all of its visitors. You will find 2 stars to 5 stars hotels here. Some of the hotels will offer you the rooms even at 60$ per night. There are many other options to go for. Some of the hotels offer free parking, free internet and free breakfast. Other offer swimming pools, golf courses and football courts. Here are few hotels which are considered the best options to stay in New Rochelle:
• Radisson Hotel, New RochelleThe hotel is located 10 miles from the Yankee stadium and 25 miles from the mid-city of New York. Amenities include a fitness center, swimming pool and a restaurant. Business center, free parking and free internet are other facilities provided here.
• Hotel NewtonThis hotel is only 1 mile from the Columbia University. This hotel is very close to Central Park and Riverside Park. This hotel is smoke-free and provides a clean and healthy environment for its visitors. A flat TV screen, babysitting, high-speed free internet, coffee makers and refrigerator are the main facilities provided here.
• Shelburne Hotels and Suites by AffiniaThis hotel is located in the Murray Hill neighborhood. One of the best things about the hotel is its rooftop lounges. You can enjoy the countless twinkling lights and skyscrapers here. The prominent facilities provided here include the flat TV screens, Wi-Fi, luxurious suites and the meeting rooms. This hotel also organizes social events like charity and fund-raising ceremonies. If you have pets with you then there is no need to get worried about, this hotel will allow you to carry your pets with you.
6. Beaches and lakesThe New Rochelle has several beaches and the lakes open to the public. So if you want to avoid the heat wave or planning a fishing trip, those beaches and lakes will serve you with its best. One of the best things to do in New Rochelle, NY is to visit those beaches. Here are few of them:
• Glen Island ParkThis beach is situated on the Long Island Sound and it is connected to the main city by a drawbridge. This 130-acre property offers the picnic spots, pavilions, reserved areas for families and restaurants. The best thing about the park is that if you have a parking pass then you will pay only 5$ for the parking otherwise, it is 10$. The catering halls and boat launching are other prominent features of the park.
• Croton Point Park BeachThis 508-acre property is situated along the Hudson River shore. It is perfect for those looking for the wider lands for their family trips. This spot is rich from its historical point of view. To all the people who love the history, this place is among the ideal things to do in New Rochelle, NY. The beach offers many facilities and sufficient area for lying out.
• Harbor Island Park BeachLooking for more exciting things to do in New Rochelle, NY, then the Harbor Island Park Beach is perfect for you. Having enough space to relax in sun and the playground area, this beach is a heaven for the tourists and the local people. This beach will offers you many amenities including picnic areas, meeting tables, ball fields, tennis areas and concerts on regular basis. Ideal for the families and kids, this beach also offer fun nights and fishing docks. Children under the age of 2 are allowed without any charge.
7. Shopping mallsIt is almost impossible for the people to stay away from the shopping malls of the downtown New Rochelle. There are many shopping malls in New Rochelle which will offer you clothing, shoes, electronic devices, grocery and other home accessories at discounted price. Throughout the year, the sale season never ends. If you are looking for the things to do in New Rochelle, NY then it is the best option to visit those shopping malls. The never-ending sales and high quality stuff will give you pure satisfaction in return for your money. Quaker Ridge shopping center, North Ridge shopping center, The Mall at Bay Plaza and Ferndale shopping center is among the best places to shop. You will find all the stuff here at a reasonable price but for that, you have to wait for the seasonal or clearance sales.
8. ConcertsFor music and art lovers, attending concerts is among the best things to do in New Rochelle, NY. As the summer season starts, the New Rochelle Council of arts organizes many concerts. These concerts are programmed from June to the end of the August. It attracts a lot of music lovers and the tourist. Some of the concerts are organized at the New Rochelle train station. The people who visit the train station can enjoy the free performances here. These pop-up performances need no tickets and the seats.
An annual event named as “Jazz in August” is organized by the twin cities of New Rochelle and La Rochelle. These concerts are organized by the Council of Arts of New Rochelle and New Rochelle Parks and Recreational Departments. This event is mostly organized outside the library of Ruby Dee Park.
9. FestivalsThroughout the year, there is a lot going on in New Rochelle. If you are looking for the things to do in New Rochelle, NY then you have the best option to go for these festivals here. From January till December there are many festivals and the events that are organized by the Art Council and the local organizations. It would be very unlucky to miss those events.
In August the street is usually closed for the cars and it is open for one day for the people to enjoy the music, dance and fitness training programs. The organizations from the Bronx scheduled these Boogie on the Boulevard event.
If you are in search of delicious and unique food items then there is Bronx Night Market that is going to take place for the first time. This market will offer you the unique recipes along with the packed treats. This festival will depict the handcrafted pieces, art collections, live entertainment performances and the recipes passed down for generations. Over 35 food vendors, this festival is going to rock out this summer.
The Annual Harvest Festival, Burning of Kingston, Beacon Club Pumpkin Festival and NY State Sheep and Wool Festival are among the best events to enjoy through the year.
10. Food courts and restaurantsNew Rochelle has blasted with its new and unique dining options. You will find a variety of authentic traditional recipes here serving at various restaurants. You are free to choose those dining options which are only at the walking distance from the New Rochelle downtown. All the food lovers will find those restaurants and food courts among the finest things to do in New Rochelle, NY. From Indian to Italian food you will love to trigger your taste buds according to your own regional flavor. If you are local or from outside the United States you will find a lot of restaurants here serving regional meals of your areas. Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Indian, wraps, pizzas, burgers and a lot more are here to discover. The taste is unforgettable and each food court has its own unique flavor and taste. You will miss the taste after leaving the place, so it will be unlucky to leave without enjoying the food at the restaurants here.
Other things to do in New Rochelle, NYNew Rochelle is the prevalent destination for the families and the tourists. You will find the beautiful suburbs with extensive lawns and houses here. The endless amenities of the downtown city including hotels, restaurant, shopping malls and the rising arts make the city one of the top destinations in the world.
The city’s adjacent proximity to Manhattan, beautiful beaches, parks, schools and nearby educational institutes make it the liveliest place on the planet earth. Here are a few other things to do in New Rochelle, NY:
• Butterfly GardenBoth for children and adults, this place is among the best places to visit. The Butterfly Garden is a place where you will find a dozen species of butterflies. The blooming period in summer also attracts a lot of hummingbirds also. The sprawling lawn of the garden having many colorful species of butterflies gives a heavenly look on earth. The front yard of the garden receives plenty of sunshine to attract the butterflies. Coastal sweet pepper, white oaks and tulip trees are among the prominent trees of the garden. The flowering season attracts many species of the butterflies. These species are cultivated on nectar trays. It attracts the people especially the children of different age groups. Field and educational trips of students are also welcomed here.
• Jungle WorldA must see place and one of the finest things to do in New Rochelle, NY is to visit the Jungle world. Meet and greet the species of various animals here. This jungle word is a combination of real and fake habitats. It is really hard to find what is real or fake? The huge, epoxy painted trees are constructed to enhance the looks of the place. It is really captivating as the spectators are in the close proximity to the wildlife. You will find a lot of species of animals having an Asian origin here. The Indian gharial, ebony langur and white-cheeked gibbon are among the popular species of the place. The place is paramount for the young people or the people with a young heart.
• Aquatic Bird House and Sea Bird AviaryHave you ever experienced the flamingos marching through the water? No, then this place should be among your list of things to do in New Rochelle, NY. The flocks of the flamingos marching through the water make the scenic view striking. Just get your tickets and start a journey with the giant creature of the sea.
• The New York Botanical GardenThe New York Botanical Garden is among the best places of the New Rochelle. It is an iconic museum and an educational institute as well. This place is famous to research on plants and their conservation. It was founded in 1891 and it is ranked among the greatest and most beautiful botanical gardens of the world. It is characterized by its vast green lands. The garden is now considered as a historic landmark because of its diversity, larger reserves of plants and its conservation strategies. Creating a community to save the plant species, educating the city kids and creating a green urban oasis are the main goals of the garden.
This doesn’t end here; there are a lot of things to do in New Rochelle, NY. Check out the castles, playgrounds, libraries and scenic views of green lands. The best place to enjoy with family and kids is New Rochelle Grand market. Enjoy kid’s activities, shop local goods and enjoy healthy meals here. There are a lot more things to do in New Rochelle, NY. Go out to enjoy a sunny day at Hudson Park Beach. Make a plan to enjoy a day with books and visit Huguenot children’s library. Celebrate and enjoy the whole year with the events organized by the Arts Council of the New Rochelle, take dance classes, and enjoy Halloween celebrations for ghostly fun. If you are a foodie, then there is a lot more to discover. The food festivals, vegans fare at Jolo’s kitchen, food courts with international cuisine and never-ending dining options will give you the perfect taste of home.